Monday, March 17, 2014

Jude's MRI and doctor update

Jude's neurologist called today to give us an update on Jude's bloodwork and his findings on the MRI. The MRI was really for the doctor's benefit so he can better assess how to treat Jude. He said that Jude's brain showed a lot of white matter damage which indicates a massive traumatic injury which leads him to believe the diagnosis of an  intrauterine stroke was accurate. Even after all these years when I heard that I let out a sigh. I know Jude's disabilities are not my fault, but as a mother I continue to question what I did wrong. I always wonder if there is anything I could have done differently. The doctor said whether at birth or in utero Jude DID have a massive stroke. We know from Dr Twickler (MRI) that it was in utero. The doctor didn't mention anything in regards to the brain surgery he had mentioned before. I am not sure if this is because he didn't see a need within the pictures the MRI supplied or the fact he knows we would say no.

The doctor increased Jude's seizure medications at night. He said that Jude not sleeping well combined with the nurse possibly seeing a seizure leads him to believe there has been something festering for awhile. He said seeing a seizure can be the end to a beginning. I never thought of it that way before.  Therefore, we are going to see how increased seizure medication helps control Jude's recent issues.

Jude's red blood cell count was a little low. We are going to have this retested in April to see if this is just jude's norm or something we should watch. At the end of April we will be taking Jude to have his botox and they will be doing a spinal on him. Therefore, they will be putting him to sleep again...ugh. So I have taken two days off work to get this completed. Emily will also be competing in Miss Dallas Teen that weekend so therefore my family will be in town. I think it will be nice to have them here for both of the kids that week.

1 comment:

Reagan Leigh said...

I still think Jude has a lot of things that point toward mito (stroke being one of them)! Hoping the medication increase will help! I hate seizures! :(