Monday, June 29, 2015

Jude is sick

Jude is sick. He was on a great streak but it was inevitable that he would have to fight again. However this is presenting a bit different this time so I am a bit confused if it's pneumonia or a natural further breakdown of his lungs or both. Maybe he aspirated on secretions and it created a domino effect? I am not sure. I guess it's like the pulmo says........it doesn't really matter how it happened it's how do we treat it. 

On Friday we started noticing that Jude's heart rate was running pretty high which is generally a sign of a fever with him. However at that time he was not presenting any fever and not acting like he was in pain. He had a pretty rough Friday night and when nurse Allen got there Saturday it continued. When I came in to check on Jude Allen told me he wasn't holding oxygen and was at 10 liters. Allen never has Jude on 10 liters so I knew he was really struggling. This continued through the weekend and last night after the nurse left for the day Jude was really struggling. 

His temp was at 98.7 then quickly rose to 99 so I gave him Motrin. I checked again after about 20 minutes and it was 99.3. I waited some time period and when it kept rising I gave him Tylenol. Finally after retractions I couldn't get controlled I took Jude out of his bed and held him on the couch. I got him in a position that he felt comfortable, gave him some Valium, and he drifted off to sleep in my arms. For the first time all weekend his retractions stopped and he slept comfortably for about an hour and a half. 

I am not sure what's going on with Jude and I am really worried this time. I have had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach for the last week even prior to Jude being sick. I am also on edge and have little patience. I always say we all have our own struggles but life gets to me sometimes when I see people not appreciating their healthy children. Life is what you make it! 



1 comment:

Brenda said...

Praying for that sweet boy and the rest of the family. When one member of a family is dick it affects everyone. Praying for quick healing and restful nights.